Choose style:

Author Topic: I feel dirty  (Read 10126 times)

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 6 32-bit
Re: I feel dirty
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2015, 09:24:45 pm »
They've Changed their sync system since the recent versions. Sync seems to work correctly. Although :

1. Until Opera mini 7.6, they used an annoying feature called "full page interstitial ads " to generate revenues. It's like, your browsing the Peppermint forums and suddenly, the whole screen is filled with a commercial with a "continue browsing " button down below.

2. The turbo mode on PC version doesn't seem to work anymore. my PC opera has failed to open even a single page.

3. Since Opera renders pages after it comes through their servers, some pages do not open. There are a lot of websites that do not open on Opera mini.

4. Too much tabs or pages over 1 MB makes Opera mini crash

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2015, 09:51:35 am »
I think the last time I tried it, Sync technically worked, but it wouldn't import old bookmarks, it would only do those idiotic live tiles, or whatever they're called, on your speed dial.  I don't fancy having to redo all of my bookmarks just because they changed their format.  I like how Firefox does it.  I don't even need to use Sync, I just have my bookmarks saved to a file and I import them from the bookmark manager.  Chrome and other browsers have that feature too.

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2015, 10:38:50 am »
I think the last time I tried it, Sync technically worked, but it wouldn't import old bookmarks, it would only do those idiotic live tiles, or whatever they're called, on your speed dial.  I don't fancy having to redo all of my bookmarks just because they changed their format.  I like how Firefox does it.  I don't even need to use Sync, I just have my bookmarks saved to a file and I import them from the bookmark manager.  Chrome and other browsers have that feature too.

I just checked the bookmark manager on the latest opera browser on Peppermint. it has an ability to import bookmarks in Opera's own bookmark file in *.adr format. However it can import bookmarks in html format from Firefox and Internet Explorer as well. And there's even an option to export bookmarks in html. I have had no problems with sync as of now but then again, chrome's sync is a million times better than this :)

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2015, 10:41:46 am »
Ah, so they finally re-added that function to Opera.  Last time I tried it, it couldn't import, but that was last year, I think.  That's nice to know.  Thanks for the info. 

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2015, 11:01:08 am »
Yeah you can give opera a try and see if it's working well for you :)

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2015, 12:58:16 am »
Maybe I will on Monday.  I'm not working Monday this week.   8)

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2015, 01:59:43 am »
Maybe I will on Monday.  I'm not working Monday this week.   8)

Cool. ;)