Choose style:

Author Topic: How to Install Font and TypeCatcher in Linux  (Read 2085 times)

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
How to Install Font and TypeCatcher in Linux
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:16:55 am »
After research I found Linux support all type of Font Adobe Postscript (pfa),True Type Font (ttf), Open Type font (otf).

I found very good Article and video for you.

How do I install and use fonts in Linux?  By Jack Wallen
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/how-do-i-install-and-use-fonts-in-linux/

We can Easily Download and install google web fonts with TypeCatcher
TypeCatcher is an application that allows to easily browse, search, download and install fonts from the Google Web Fonts collection, which includes hundreds of open source fonts.

The application is pretty simple but it's also very useful since Google doesn't have a direct download link on its Fonts page: clicking the download link offers to "Sync Google fonts to your desktop using SkyFonts", an application somewhat similar to TypeCatcher but which is only available for Windows and Mac (update: another way of downloading some fonts is to add them to your "collection" and then download your whole collection from Google Fonts).

TypeCatcher : Easily Download and Install Google Web Fonts in Linux Mint ( Ubuntu) (By Linuxforever)

Good Article by Andrew!

Introducing TypeCatcher

http://blog.andrewsomething.com/2012/11/11/introducing-typecatcher/#jp-carousel-355

Install TypeCatcher in Ubuntu
TypeCatcher is available in the official Ubuntu 13.10 (and newer: 14.04, etc.) repositories so to install it, use the following command:

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install typecatcher

For Ubuntu 13.04, 12.10 and 12.04, you can install TypeCatcher by using its official PPA:

Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:andrewsomething/typecatcher
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install typecatcher

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: How to Install Font and TypeCatcher in Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 05:26:18 am »
Hi rajeev2631007,

Thank you for posting this collection of tips and videos. I'm sure that many PeppermintOS users will find this very informative.

Regards,

-- Slim
"Life first -- Peppermint a close 2nd!" -- Zeb

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome