Author Topic: Not able to Access Mobile Internal storage and SD card with Linux  (Read 1329 times)

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Not able to Access Mobile Internal storage and SD card with Linux
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:46:47 pm »
I’m trying to connect my Mobile to Linux Laptop using USB cable and I am not able to access Internal Storage as well as SD card of Mobile. It’s work with Windows 7. Mobile details are as below:-

Brand MI, Model Number Redmi HM Note 1 LTE, Android Version 4.4.4 KTU84P
Laptop OS: Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon

When I select my USB Setting PTP (Camera) than camera folder open on desktop and when select MTP (Media Device) it connect with Mobile show device but when I click on device It has not showing internal storage as well as SD card of mobile. 

I had also tried this with Linux Mint 17.2 Mate and It is working fine with it. But I am not able to do this with my Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon laptop.I request you please Let me know which MTP drives or apps I need to install on Linux so It can work with any mobile.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: Not able to Access Mobile Internal storage and SD card with Linux
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 01:44:13 am »
Hi rajeev2631007,

This does not answer your question directly, but it is something that I have used with Android devices to transfer files to/from Linux: see if you can install the Android app called AirDroid. It is very easy to use and does not require any cables.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

-- Slim
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 10:02:55 am »
Hi Slim.Fatz Thanks for your help and advice. Its works for me. This App is really good and easy to use.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 6 32-bit
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:22:00 am »
Hi Rajiv. I use a Sony Xperia running Jellybean 4.3 but it works fine with my peppermint desktop.

Sometimes when my device is locked with a pattern or pin code, the although shown as "Android" in Nemo file manager, doesn't show anything inside it. but when I unlock my phone and again click on android, then I see the Internal storage and SDcard icons. And I can easily access my phone using MTP.

perhaps you can see if your phone is locked or something. Xiaomi devices may have a different and complicated security features. Maybe you can remove all kind of locks and see

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 09:03:17 pm »
HI sk_sarma,   You're right this is the issue. Good advice. 8) Thanks for your help and sharing. 

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam