Choose style:

Author Topic: (Solved) Unlock Login Keyring?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
(Solved) Unlock Login Keyring?
« on: May 03, 2014, 01:51:43 pm »
Question to anyone who has encountered this:

I have Chrome Browser.  And now, after weeks of using Chrome, without issue of any kind, I've started to get a message in a little box, in the middle of my Chrome browser.

It looks like this: 

https://chromium.googlecode.com/issues/attachment?aid=-1165998115600569169&name=Screenshot-Unlock+Keyring.png&token=doPNZTVwjCQjEIYtku8qb7wHRP0%3A1399137971778&inline=1&thumb=1

It looks like that but my message is a little different.  It says:  Unlock Login Keyring, The login Keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer.  Password ...... Cancel.......Unlock

Now I have set my OS so as to not login at startup.  There's not need for me to log in where I live.  Now, to be honest, I don't even know what a computer keyring is, much less where this message has begun coming from.  All I know is that I can live without it. This message is very annoying, and I would like that box and message to go away.  I don't need it.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this darn keyring notice?

Thank you,

perknh
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:29:34 pm by perknh »
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;).  -- AndyInMokum

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: Unlock Login Keyring?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 02:06:56 pm »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Unlock Login Keyring?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »
PCNetSpec,

I don't really know what I did.  From what I recall, after reading the link you gave me,  I went into Network, put in my password, and then unlocked whatever it was that was locked.  Then I closed out everything by  x-ing of everything in order to return to my desktop.  Then I went back to Chrome, and it again asked for my keyring password.  So I put in my password as I did in Network.  So I went back to Network and it was locked again.  I, again. put in my password, and then I logged out the OS completely, and then I logged back in and returned to Chrome, and now the problem seems to have gone away.

Whatever I did by going back and forth between Network and Chrome, and then logging out completely seems to have worked.  But what that was, and why I had that problem, I do not know.  That keyring notice seems to have come out of the blue.

Thank you.

perknh

P.S.

I must have messed something up.  I rebooted, and the issue began again.  This morning I accidentally hit the shutdown key today by mistake and went into a cold shut down.  It was a mistake, I had thought the computer was off, and, instead, is was asleep.  This problem may to have begun after I made that error.  The other thing I did was tweak DoNotTrackMe suggestions.  I didn't like their suggestions, so I unchecked that box.

Anyway, I've now re-installed Peppermnint 4, have still kept unchecked Abine's (DoNotTrackMe) suggestions.  No problem with Login Keyring as of yet.  As of now, I consider the problem solved.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:28:48 pm by perknh »
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;).  -- AndyInMokum