Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint 6 compatiblity with Intel STCK1A32WFC Compute Stick PC & Intel NUC ki  (Read 1991 times)

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
I want to know is it peppermint 6 compatiblity with Intel STCK1A32WFC Compute Stick PC and Mini PC - Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH? Techinical Specs links as below:-

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html

Intel STCK1A32WFC Compute Stick PC
    Quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F processor
    2GB DDR3 onboard memory
    32GB onboard storage
    WiFi 802.11bgn
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Intel HD graphics
    Intel HD audio

Mini PC - Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH specs as below:-

http://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/nuc/nuc-board-dn2820fykh.html

Can I boot this with Perppermint 6 Live OS Pen Drive and install perppermint on it and is it Perppermint 6 support Blutooth or wifi keyboard and mouse and touch screen? Anybody experience this devices performance with Linux. I request you share your point of view on this.
Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
From the hardware spec I can't see any reason why Peppermint wouldn't run on either of them .. but I can't guarantee it because I've no experience of either.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 10 (64-bit)
Hi rajeev2631007, yes everything should work just fine.  See the following website for further details.  Use the Ubuntu setup instructions: Intel® NUC Boards and Kits
Linux* Support

In regards to the Intel STCK1A32WFC Compute Stick PC, it is possible to install Ubuntu 14.04 onto the Windows version of the stick.  Therefore theoretically you should be able to install Peppermint Six to it too.  It does have its problems though.  For more information, see the following website: Install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on the 2GB Intel Compute Stick

With the, Intel STCK1A32WFC Compute Stick PC you're sailing into uncharted waters.  I advise you exercise extreme caution if you're considering this hardware as a Peppermint Six option  ;).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:34:14 am by AndyInMokum »
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
Nice finds Andy :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline rajeev2631007

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Excellent Article and very informative AndyInMokum.  :)

is it Perppermint 6 support Blutooth or wifi keyboard and mouse and touch screen? What app we require to handle dual monitor or projector.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
is it Perppermint 6 support Blutooth or wifi keyboard and mouse and touch screen?

Should do, but only one way to find out .. LiveUSB ;)

Someone was aking about an onscreen keyboard the other day for Peppermint on his tablet .. so I'd have to assume the touchscreen would probably work, but like everything else I suppose it depends on hardware and drivers.

Bluetooth/Wireless KB and mouse - they don't normally require any special drivers, they're just detected as a normal mouse/KB

Dual Monitor - Try installing ARandR
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install arandr
You'll then find it at
menu > Preferences > ARandR

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec