Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint Six Respin at #8  (Read 3193 times)

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora Peppermint.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 Respin (64-bit)
Re: Peppermint Six Respin at #8
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 05:54:39 pm »
Look at the names above us --Manjaro, Ubuntu, Open Suse, Debian and Mint.  All these distributions offer more than one flavor --some with at least half a dozen.  But, if we broke this down by flavors only, I'm certain this week we'd be number one in the category of LXDE.  No matter how we look at it, this is quite an achievement. :)
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters...
-- AndyInMokum

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 06:38:05 pm »
I'm happy enough where we are now .. well enough known but not yet overly burdened with walking examples of the greater internet f*ckwad theory.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19
Wise words, I like where we're at too; top of the lightweights.  Lets face it, the lightweights are the well balanced class of distro.  Not so light to be classed as experimental.  Not so heavy to be classed as bloatware.  Our motto should be,  "Delivering More from Less"  ;D!
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 08:30:38 pm »
I don't think we should pay too much attention to what Distrowatch is saying lets stay focused on what our users are saying, Distrowatch will take care of itself

In my opinion PM6 is by far the best version on Peppermint so far but it's not perfect we can improve it but we wont improve it by watching Distrowatch we'll only improve it by listening to our users (and me of course) :)

lately I've noticed a quite a lot of new users coming on this site and Andy posted that a public library in Lancashire, England is using PM6, that's what's important and to me that says far more than Distrowatch ever can

So lets start looking at what's not so good about Peppermint and how we can improve it, I would start with artwork

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline zebedeeboss

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Life first... Peppermint a close 2nd :)
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P10 Beta / P9 Respin
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 06:30:18 am »
You only have to look at whos forum is getting the most posts....

and that might simply mean that the Distro is crap and needs a lot of support - you need to dig down into the forums and see what is being asked and said...  Here they seem to be just peripheral problems with little tweaks and touches people want to do.

No Major Biggies, lots of friendly chat and banter and GOOD SOLID support where required.

Super  8)  Peppermint
Be Kind Whenever Possible...   It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
P10 Beta x64 Desktop - i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz - 32Gb RAM - NVIDIA GTX1070ti 8Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
P9 Respin x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080