Choose style:

Author Topic: TFTP server problem.  (Read 1360 times)

Offline pdrift

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
TFTP server problem.
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:42:24 pm »
Hi guys, 1st time on here. I tried searching (using tapatalk app) but couldn't find anything. I'm trying to flash a mr3020 portable router using a usb to serial connection and a tftp server running on my netbook that I've installed peppermint on.
The guide http://wiki.villagetelco.org/Serial_Port_Access_and_Firmware_Recovery_for_TL_MR3020 I'm following says to change my ip address to a static one which I've done. I'm using gtkterm for the serial console. I can see the router boot up. I can start tftp in another terminal but when I try to use it I get a time out error. I've already successfully done this on my computer running Ubuntu 15.04 after a lot of trouble shooting. What finally did the trick for me in Ubuntu was to temporarily disable the ufw firewall.
I'm trying to get this working on my netbook (Asus eee 900) with peppermint. I can't seem to get it to work. Does peppermint have a firewall installed by default? I'd appreciate some help [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: TFTP server problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »
Hi pdrift and welcome to the forum :)

Dunno if I can be much help here as I've never tried what you're attempting myself .. I can however answer your question about the firewall, NO peppermint doesn't have a firewall installed out of the box (unless you count iptables which has no blocking rules set by default).
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline pdrift

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 08:14:54 pm »
Never mind, I forgot to connect to my ip address. It worked now.
Thank you sir for your input. I like this Peppermint OS. I'm on P6. runs OK on this slow and old netbook.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:16:49 pm by pdrift »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:01 pm »
Cool, happy to hear you figured it out :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec