Author Topic: PCmanFM file association  (Read 1886 times)

Offline mracz

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
PCmanFM file association
« on: April 21, 2014, 02:20:20 pm »
Hi all -

I just screwed file association on my desktop for .xlsx files. Don't ask me how I did, I can not recall.  :-\

I was trying to setup .xlsx file to properly be associated to PlayOnLinux MS Word.
Now I have a file on my Desktop called test.xlsx that has got Playonlinux as default application (and it opens properly with MS Word, just the way I wanted). However, if I right clik on the file and select Properties the file type is ZIP file (and the second option in the Open with local menu is file-roller (Archive manager). Furthermore, the file icon is one that is usual for zip files (the box opened on the top).
Strange, but the file looks as a normal MS Word document in thunar and in nautilus (Microsoft Word Document (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document). File type is, however, Zip file in PCmanFM, which opens with the default application Playonlinux properly. All other .xlsx files on my desktop look the same.

If I right click Open with local menu and select Playonlinux the file type remains the same - a normal Zip file. Apparently I can not change file type in the Properties local menu either.

Is there a way to change file type of a certain document in Peppermint 4 and PCManFM? Is there a howto for this somewhere.

I am using Peppermint Four - as a newbie rather much to my satisfaction up till now.

Offline mracz

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
Re: PCmanFM file association
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:33:18 am »
Saved /home and reinstalled  Peppermint. Still wondering how icons for mime filetypes are defined. Is there a howto for this?