Choose style:

Author Topic: Where Windows 10 Is Headed: What Will This Mean for the Linux Community?  (Read 5436 times)

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
So, that whole OS pretty much just has spyware embedded in it everywhere.  Fantastic.  ::) I already knew about Cortana, but I didn't know about some of those other "services."  I'm glad I dropped Windows.  It's bad news that keeps getting worse.

I rolled my eyes at this part:

Microsoft believes “that real transparency starts with straightforward terms and policies that people can clearly understand”.

Yeah, that's why their privacy and service agreements are books.  And, once you hit "I agree" or "Accept" or whatever on those things, that's legally as binding as a digital signature.

Offline 10i

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My Peppermint Blog
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64 bit
Apparently Solitaire is back as a default install, only now you need to pay to have adds removed

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Running Peppermint 8- 64 bit on my Lenovo i3 laptop.

View my Linux blog:  http://myiceadventure.blogspot.com

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Apparently Solitaire is back as a default install, only now you need to pay to have adds removed

Yes, I see that. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3180657/Microsoft-fire-Windows-10-users-playing-Solitaire-costs-10-year-unless-want-sit-video-ads.html
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;).  -- AndyInMokum

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)

Yes, I see that. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3180657/Microsoft-fire-Windows-10-users-playing-Solitaire-costs-10-year-unless-want-sit-video-ads.html
I've been watching this article in this truly appalling Newspaper  :-X.  What I find really shocking is not the mindless commented about Windows 10.  It's how many idiots are proudly announcing to the world that they are still using Windows XP.  I find the thought processes that drive such people mind boggling  :o!! 
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile

Yes, I see that. 

I've been watching this article in this truly appalling Newspaper  :-X.  What I find really shocking is not the mindless commented about Windows 10.  It's how many idiots are proudly announcing to the world that they are still using Windows XP.  I find the thought processes that drive such people mind boggling  :o!!

Wait?  Are you telling me that the Daily Mail really isn't the classiest newspaper to be found in the English language?  AndyInMokum, how dare you insinuate such a thing!  No, I will never accept that premise.   Come on now, if it wasn't for the Daily Mail I would have never known that that amazing dancer twerks freestyle.  Wow!  :o  And I would have never known what twerking was until today!  ;D

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile

Announcing to the world that you're using XP to access the Internet is about as smart as posting your vacation plans and your full address on Facebook.  I just don't understand the stupidity of people sometimes.   ???

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
I just don't understand the stupidity of people sometimes.   ???

That's because they're spending too much time twerking and not enough time thinking.  Believe it or not, I know a fellow who is still proudly using Windows 95!

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
Using it isn't an issue.  Letting it touch a network is the problem.  If you have an outdated version of Windows installed and all you use it for is running programs that need something that old, that's fine.  Just don't let it on a network.

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
I believe it is being used within the family for email and the news.  I doubt there's any use of YouTube or Skype.  I'm talking about senior citizens here who did not know that Windows 95 was no longer supported.  Believe me, my telling this man will make no difference at all.  He just doesn't care!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:28:58 pm by perknh »

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
If it's being use for e-mail and news, that means it's using the Internet, which is very, very bad.  I'm surprise it can even run a web browser new enough to get any websites, though.  Most modern sites won't work on anything from the Win95 era.

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
I don't really know how he and his wife are doing this; but, scifidude79, this is what he claims.  :-\