Choose style:

Author Topic: Connecting Android Tablet  (Read 1724 times)

Offline SallyK

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 5
Connecting Android Tablet
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:29:56 am »
I'm running Peppermint 5 on a laptop, and I'm trying to connect my Android tablet (running 4.4.2). I'm sure that when I tried it in the past it just worked, but now the machine refused to acknowledge that the tablet is there. There's some connection happening, because the tablet is charging from the USB, but it won't connect as a drive.

Do you have any suggestions that might help it work? Thank you.

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
Re: Connecting Android Tablet
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:58:17 am »
Hi Sally

Connecting android devices isn't as simple as it once was due to changes in how android devices are mounted I'm sure it can still be done but it involves some work and I'm not exactly sure what however can I suggest Airdroid. https://www.airdroid.com/

Airdroid ia an app you install on your phone/tablet that lets you connect any android device to your PC via the web no wires needed it's an excellent app and allows you to share files seamlessly and more

It's worth having a look at

Good luck

Graeme
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:20:50 am by emegra »
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 11:33:49 am »
Hm, that's weird.  Last time I connected mine (three or four days ago) it connected as a drive.  Though, I'm also running Peppermint 6, but I don't see how that would have had much effect.  Though, mine runs an earlier version of Android.  What brand is yours?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:40:17 am by scifidude79 »

Offline 10i

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My Peppermint Blog
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64 bit
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 11:38:00 am »
My Samsung phone is difficult to mount as USB storage, where my Asus fone pad does it automatically.

I do wish it was easier to transfer data between devices. I will also look at airdroid.
Running Peppermint 8- 64 bit on my Lenovo i3 laptop.

View my Linux blog:  http://myiceadventure.blogspot.com

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 05:27:28 pm »
Do you mean it used to work in Peppermint 5 but has stopped working (still in Peppermint 5) ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline SallyK

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 5
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 06:34:51 am »
Thank you for the suggestions. Airdroid is a good app for occasional file transfer, but unless you have the paid version, the amount of data you can move at once is limited - not good for filling up my new 64Gb memory card. :-)

PCNetSpec - I'm sorry, I should have done more exploring before posting. I've been able to connect another Android 4.4.2 tablet, made by Samsung, to Peppermint 5 both in the past, and currently, but my new Asus tablet won't connect. Having done some more reading, it seems as if it's not a Peppermint problem, but something to do with this particular model of tablet.

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:37 pm »
Yeah, it's probably something that ASUS did to their tablet.  It could also be the version of Android or even the ASUS modified version of Android.  Remember, what you get on your tablet isn't usually "stock" Android, it's usually a modified version.  Sometimes, those mods can have adverse effects.