Author Topic: Kudos  (Read 839 times)

Offline gpfromnc

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8 and 9
Kudos
« on: July 23, 2015, 09:36:59 am »
I have distro hopped for several years but always came back to ubuntu - mainly because of it's stabulity and ease of use.  I loaded Peppermint 5 several months ago on an older laptop and was impressed with the performance boost and so I more recently loaded Peppermint 6 on a newer desktop machine.  I continue to be impressed!  It is well integrated and gives me the out of the box ease of use of ubuntu with tremendous flexibility to easily customize the appearance.  The concept of starting with a small install that one can add to is great also.  I've done several minimal debian installs to get this feature,  but debian requires quite a bit more under the hood tinkering to get the same results that a brand new Peppermint install has.  Thanks for a great distro!

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
Re: Kudos
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 09:51:05 am »
I have distro hopped for several years but always came back to ubuntu - mainly because of it's stabulity and ease of use.  I loaded Peppermint 5 several months ago on an older laptop and was impressed with the performance boost and so I more recently loaded Peppermint 6 on a newer desktop machine.  I continue to be impressed!  It is well integrated and gives me the out of the box ease of use of ubuntu with tremendous flexibility to easily customize the appearance.  The concept of starting with a small install that one can add to is great also.  I've done several minimal debian installs to get this feature,  but debian requires quite a bit more under the hood tinkering to get the same results that a brand new Peppermint install has.  Thanks for a great distro!
  Thanks gpfromnc, it's good to know you're enjoying using Peppermint Six - long may it continue for you ;)!
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:43:50 am »
Refreshing .. someone who "gets" the fairly minimal install thing ..

Cheers gpfromnc :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:43 am »
Indeed, the minimal install that you can add to has always been my favorite aspect of Peppermint.  In my opinion, it's the best way to go, as opposed to loading the thing up with software you like, even though the end user may not like it.