Author Topic: Peppermint's DuckDuckGo Search Engine in Partnership with Yandex and Bing!  (Read 3342 times)

Offline scifidude79

• Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
Sounds like that day may be coming soon.  ;)

Maybe, maybe not.  It all depends on the game developers and if they want to mess with porting games that are of certain ages.

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Well, scifidude79, that means you may be stuck dealing with Windows for quite some time.  That has to be a bummer for an old Linux pro like you --of never being quite free from Windows.  :(
[T]here are a lot of people happily running Peppermint ICE which hasn't been receiving ANY updates for a while now .. and I personally would STILL consider that MUCH more secure than any version of Windows with up-to-date AV/Anti-malware ;)

--  PCNetSpec, Cornwall, Eng.  Dec 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Offline scifidude79

• Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
Well, scifidude79, that means you may be stuck dealing with Windows for quite some time.  That has to be a bummer for an old Linux pro like you --of never being quite free from Windows.  :(

All it means is I don't play those games anymore, those and the pile of Windows CD-ROM and DVD-ROM games that I have, plus a few Windows only games on GOG.  I have 25 games on Steam and I forget how many on GOG that run on Linux, plus some games I like in the repositories, plus various game consoles.  It's not like I have a pressing need to play those games.  ;)  If I did, at least some of them reportedly work with WINE.  Though, one of my games on Steam does work in DOSBox, it would be nice if they'd port it.  GOG has the Linux port, but I don't feel like paying for it a second time.  If I really felt like it, I could install Steam on WINE, download the game and copy the folders to my /home folder.  Then I can manually run the game on Peppermint using DOSBox.  I did this before (in Xubuntu) but I apparently accidentally deleted the folder.  I have a couple on GOG that are also DOS that I'd love to see ported, which apparently doesn't take much effort.  Though, they are better about getting those than Steam is.

As for the "Linux pro" part.  HA!  I'm no pro.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:58:46 pm by scifidude79 »