Choose style:

Author Topic: Dell's affordable Ubuntu-powered Inspiron laptops take aim at Chromebooks  (Read 15855 times)

Offline mattosensei

• Linux with 'L' plates
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6
...when I was with family yesterday, installed PM 6 to parent's netbook which was a success. --mattosensei

Was this the notebook you were going to fix up for your mother?  If so, I'm happy to hear that all went well.  :)

Yes, it's now on there thanks  ;D

She uses Windoze 8.1 on Sony Vaio most of the time here but in France at her second home when she's there she plans to leave the netbook which had reached total meltdown unable to run Win7 on it. I have written out some instrucs for doing all basic things and put shortcuts to desktop so hopefully she'll figure it out...  :P

I did try and use TeamViewer for the first time the other day but that didn't work, was getting connection errors  >:(  so will need to try that again. Ended up giving her instrucs via Skype 'share your screen' which was slightly less preferable but having said that - she had to do the work and I watched, so probably better practice!! That was on the Windoze machine though.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Weird, I can honestly say I've NEVER had a problem with Teamviewer

Windows  <-->  Windows
Linux  <-->  Linux
Linux  <-->  Windows

It's ALWAYS worked flawlessly
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
...when I was with family yesterday, installed PM 6 to parent's netbook which was a success. --mattosensei

Was this the notebook you were going to fix up for your mother?  If so, I'm happy to hear that all went well.  :)

Yes, it's now on there thanks  ;D

She uses Windoze 8.1 on Sony Vaio most of the time here but in France at her second home when she's there she plans to leave the netbook which had reached total meltdown unable to run Win7 on it. I have written out some instrucs for doing all basic things and put shortcuts to desktop so hopefully she'll figure it out...  :P

Well, mattosensei, I'm so happy you installed Peppermint for her netbook which is in France.  Peppermint 5 or 6 a perfect distribution for netbooks.  Let's be patient to hear what she says about Peppermint.  I'm sure she's going to love it --especially after dealing with that odious 8.1.

mattosensei, report in, after she uses her netbook for a few days.  I bet she's going to fall in love that netbook again!  ;)

perknh

We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;).  -- AndyInMokum