Author Topic: Is There A Way To Increase The Font Size On Firefox's Bookmarks Toolbar?[SOLVED]  (Read 2636 times)

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Seasoned Firefox Users,

Is there a way to make the font and icon size larger on Firefox's Bookmarks Toolbar?  :-\

Thank you,

perknh
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:29:20 am by perknh »
[T]here are a lot of people happily running Peppermint ICE which hasn't been receiving ANY updates for a while now .. and I personally would STILL consider that MUCH more secure than any version of Windows with up-to-date AV/Anti-malware ;)

--  PCNetSpec, Cornwall, Eng.  Dec 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline mac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7-8-9
Is there a way to make the font and icon size larger on Firefox's Bookmarks Toolbar?

Hi perknh,
In the Firefox URL window enter...
Code: [Select]
about:configPress Enter and you'll get a warning about voiding your warranty which you can ignore (it's a joke).  Click the Promise to be Careful and continue.
In the resulting search window, enter...
Code: [Select]
layout.css.devPixelsPerPxWhen it appears, right-click and choose Modify. Then change the vaule from -1.0(default) to 1.0, 1.25, etc. being careful to make your changes in small increments.  Restart Firefox and you should be good to go.
Peppermint: Standing Out from the Cloud
Reg. Linux User #432835

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
Thank you mac and Slim.Fatz,

@mac

about:config got me there, and I was able to change my default font and icon size!

@Slim.Fatz

I get a message that the URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.  I bet the reason for this is that it's an old link that no longer works.  I see this happen quite frequently.

Thank you both very much.  :)

perknh
[T]here are a lot of people happily running Peppermint ICE which hasn't been receiving ANY updates for a while now .. and I personally would STILL consider that MUCH more secure than any version of Windows with up-to-date AV/Anti-malware ;)

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Hi perknh,

Sorry about that link.  :-X

The Theme Font & Size Changer is an official Firefox add-on that, if you wish to try, can be found by opening the Add-Ons dialog in Firefox and then typing Theme Font & Size Changer in the search box at the top of the page. You will also find several other official Add-Ons listed in the resulting hits that seem designed to adjust font sizes. I must admit that I have never tried any of them.

But, thanks to mac, you have solved your problem -- and that is the important thing here!  :)

Regards,

-- Slim
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
Ctrl+Scroll will increase font size in Firefox  if that's what you're looking for

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
Thank you, Gentlemen,

I've read and read here how configurable Firefox is, and now I'm finally beginning to understand why.

I appreciate all the help and insights.

perknh