Choose style:

Author Topic: Ambiance Flat Green style and Vibrancy-Full-Dark-Green icons resubmitted  (Read 3654 times)

Offline sanguinemoon

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6
I seem to have inadvertently broken forum rules with my last screenshot  :'( Sorry, didn't mean to. So here it again but tweaked a bit more with links to where I got the themes.

The GTK theme is Ambiance Flat Green from Noonslab and the icon theme is Vibrancy Full Dark Green from XFCE-look.org. That's Docky on the bottom with the Matte theme.  The wallpaper is Steampunk Tinkerbell. All of this is running the XFCE desktop.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:43:18 am by sanguinemoon »

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
Hi sanguinemoon, it's looking very good indeed ;).  A couple of years ago when I was using Linux Mint Debian Edition.  I also had a wicked Steampunk theme going.  You've got me thinking, (this is usually a painful and potentially dangerous process ).  ;D  I need to change my winter desktop  :-\.  A new Steampunk theme is now high on the list  ;).

Edit: If you're using Docky from the repos and it's acting up on your machine - crashing and having to manually start it all the time.  You may find installing this development beta version via a PPA helps.  It resolved the issues I was having with Docky on my 64bit installation.  Here's the link with a tutorial on how to do it.  Docky 2.2.1 bzr docky r1855 ppa.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:16:04 am by AndyInMokum »
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline sanguinemoon

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Thanks for the compliment. It is Docky from the repos and I know what to do if it misbehaves.  I also shrank Docky to 24 pixels and lowered it's zoom to 138 percent . 200 was so big for me that managed to get on my nerves and make me nauseous within 30 seconds.

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
    • i AM esper (drone ambient music)
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 64 bit
I seem to have inadvertently broken forum rules with my last screenshot  :'( Sorry, didn't mean to. So here it again but tweaked a bit more with links to where I got the themes.

The GTK theme is Ambiance Flat Green from Noonslab and the icon theme is Vibrancy Full Dark Green from XFCE-look.org. That's Docky on the bottom with the Matte theme.  The wallpaper is Steampunk Tinkerbell. All of this is running the XFCE desktop.

i use ambience flat gray (a special theme ravefinity made at my request) with ultra flat icons using the orange theme.
i dont think ill ever switch my theme ever.  yours looks very nice here!
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com
boring drone music from NJ

Offline sanguinemoon

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Thanks. Careful, now. When I say I'll never change my theme, it usually means it will happen the next day ;)

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
    • i AM esper (drone ambient music)
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 64 bit
Thanks. Careful, now. When I say I'll never change my theme, it usually means it will happen the next day ;)

I will admit i was changing my theme like every day since i installed peppermint.
But once ambience flat came out i stuck with it and once they made the gray theme
of it when i requested it was exactly what i want. The ultra flat icons and this very simple
flat gray theme is all i want. no eye candy no distractions just a simple clean interface.
now i dont even think about it anymore thats how undistracting it is to me :D
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com
boring drone music from NJ