Choose style:

Author Topic: Vimix Siva Dark Theme and Ultra Flat Icons  (Read 3854 times)

Offline WallyA

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 5
Vimix Siva Dark Theme and Ultra Flat Icons
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:26:42 pm »
Vimix-Siva-Dark theme w/ Ultra-Flat-Icons (had to tweak a couple of them).   Wooden Noir wallpaper.  Using Sifr icon set in LibreOffice.

The side panel is a quick launcher for often used applications (but less used than those in the top panel).  Bottom panel is solely for managing open windows (Task Bar).  Both the side and bottom panel are minimized when not in use. 

Conky is a slight modification of one shared in this forum, #! inspired. 

Synapse is a great search tool.

I made the menu icon, using the official art work shared on the forum and inspired by the default Peppermint 5 menu icon.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Vimix Siva Dark Theme and Ultra Flat Icons
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:56:27 am »
Very nice :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
    • i AM esper (drone ambient music)
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 64 bit
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:11:34 pm »
Vimix-Siva-Dark theme w/ Ultra-Flat-Icons (had to tweak a couple of them).   Wooden Noir wallpaper.  Using Sifr icon set in LibreOffice.

The side panel is a quick launcher for often used applications (but less used than those in the top panel).  Bottom panel is solely for managing open windows (Task Bar).  Both the side and bottom panel are minimized when not in use. 

Conky is a slight modification of one shared in this forum, #! inspired. 

Synapse is a great search tool.

I made the menu icon, using the official art work shared on the forum and inspired by the default Peppermint 5 menu icon.

looks great! just curious though why is there 2 spotify icons one red one green?
i know ultra flat does have a spotify icon included, maybe im seeing it wrong just curious.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:34:46 pm by iamesperambient »
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com
boring drone music from NJ

Offline WallyA

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 07:03:56 am »
just curious though why is there 2 spotify icons one red one green?
i know ultra flat does have a spotify icon included, maybe im seeing it wrong just curious.

Good eye, there are two! This screen shot was from my Thinkpad T61 (Centrino processor, 3 GB ram) , which runs Peppermint 5 just fine but the Chrome browser is another story...

I always use the web player for Spotify, so the green Spotify icon is for the Chrome web app - which performs terribly on this system.

The orange one is a launcher that I set up to launch the Spotify web player in Firefox.  Works much better on this system.  I found the icon online and tweaked the color in Gimp to make it "Firefox orange".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:06:54 am by WallyA »

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:12:18 pm »
got i use spotify client normally it works fine but it does from time to time get a bit slow on make my system hot.
how do you play spotify through firefox never heard of that?

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 01:26:32 pm »
hey thanks for that tip i tried otu the web player its much lighter than the client.
i set up a SSB in ice for it using chrome and its working much smoother may just delete the actual
client now.

Offline WallyA

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:09 pm »
hey thanks for that tip i tried otu the web player its much lighter than the client.
i set up a SSB in ice for it using chrome and its working much smoother may just delete the actual
client now.

I haven't tried it in Chromium (assumed it would have the same issues I was experiencing w/ Chrome) but it is great to have the option of Ice.  I definitely recommend trying the Spotify web player in Firefox, I was really surprised at the performance difference between FF and Chrome on my older machine.

My launcher for Firefox is just a shortcut set to launch in a new Firefox window - same basic concept as an SSB or Chrome web app, but I haven't been able to make it work without the tabs, url bar, etc (could be done w/ a new profile and some extensions but not that important). 

Offline iamesperambient

• Veteran
  • a totally awesome dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 11:43:43 pm »
i actually forgot chrome is giving me issues but i down graded chrome and those issues are gone im going to remake an SSB for the webplayer under chromium and see if it works better.
tried the web player in firefox and as per usual works better in firefox one thing i found firefox is the most reliable browser.