Choose style:

Author Topic: MY OPINION ABOUT THIS PEPPERMINT5 OS . IT IS HORRIBLE AND LACKS ESSENTIAL THINGS  (Read 11669 times)

Offline rjm65

• Veteran
  • I have Peppermint Fresh Breath. :P
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Win-98 /Win-7/ Peppermint 9
at least he chose a good name don't ya think? Veggie=Pea Brain...    LOL   :P
Robert
Peppermint 9 User

Gateway Solo 9300 Pro
IBM T40

Online VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Wouldn't bother me, I'd be using BSD ;)

Now ya did it !!!   8)

Offline veggie

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 5
Stop the insults. I took the time to come to this forum of this linux distro to write what is my opinion and what needs to be fixed. People like dark theme which is solved and like to have the screenshot tool.
As for the screenshot  tool  like I said the screenshot should go to the Pictures folder and not to the desktop.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:28:21 am by veggie »

Offline aagimob

• aagimob
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 5 & Peppermint 10
It's okay ... we know your problem ... now open the terminal and write a program as you like ... when you're done contact us... ;)

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
Stop the insults. I took the time to come to this forum of this linux distro to write what is my opinion and what needs to be fixed. People like dark theme which is solved and like to have the screenshot tool.
As for the screenshot  tool  like I said the screenshot should go to the Pictures folder and not to the desktop.
Learn how to conduct yourself in a polite and constructive manner and the ridiculing will cease.  It's that simple.  Take the time to see how our other members conduct themselves and interact with each other.  Continue in the way you have initially presented yourself to this community.  The ridiculing will also cease because you will be banned.  It's your choice  ;)!

As for the suggestions for a bunch of pre-installed applications/software.  It's not going to happen and never will.  Peppermint is a base OS.  It provides the tools for the user to exercise his/her freedom to choose and create a distro that suits their needs and style.  There is comprehensive documentation on how to achieve this.  If the user requires assistance.  The members here at the Peppermint Community Forum are delighted to provide assistance.  The Peppermint developers do not believe that imposing someone else software assumptions is constructive or adhering to one of Linux's core principles -  "freedom of choice".  If you can understand what we're all about and if you can constructively contribute within our philosophy - welcome aboard  ;D.  If you can't, you really need to find a distro that better suits your needs  ;)

It has been determined that it's better have the screen shots saved to the desktop by default.  This is because in the majority of cases, screenshots are going to be used or prepared for a project or communication.  The desktop is by definition the best place to provide an easy workflow.  After you're finished with the images.  Save them to wherever is convenient for you.  I hope this has clarified things for you  ;)!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:43:56 am by AndyInMokum »
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Andy is right, the desktop was specifically chosen as the place most conducive to workflow, and so that it's IMMEDIATELY obvious to anyone that doesn't know where they were saved.

it's one thing to come here and 'suggest' they should go elsewhere (where we'd have been happy to discuss your reasoning), but to come here demanding we change or else "IT IS HORRIBLE" was specifically designed to elicit the kind of response you're now receiving, so don't act all surprised

Your latest response is also insulting as it suggests we're stupid and misunderstood your intentions" .. erm no we didn't, we fully understood your intentions and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

As you've upset everyone here, there are only one two ways out of this now:-

a) rejoin under a different username, and join in with everyone else on the forum in a respectful manner.

or

b) apologise, in which case I'm sure people will stop giving you grief (in fact I'll make sure they do), but I doubt if anyone's ever going to be 'friends' with you here so I'd suggest (a) as the better option.

Your call, but believe me when I say any other response will result in a ban .. I don't like taking this course of action, but I will not allow you to keep winding people up.

THIS TOPIC IS NOW LOCKED, but will remain on the forum as an example of how NOT to join in on  this forum.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:28:06 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec