Author Topic: stuttering video  (Read 1243 times)

Offline lobsters15

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 5
stuttering video
« on: December 26, 2014, 03:18:48 am »
I have previously used Zorin linux and that worked well. i decided to try Peppermint 5 but there are a few problems. BBC videos do not play smoothly although the audio is fine. I downloaded Chrome but there is no improvement. i decided to try the Firefox browser but when i put anything into the google search engine nothing happens. I must get this sorted if I am to stay with Peppermint.

Offline rjm65

• Veteran
  • I have Peppermint Fresh Breath. :P
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Win-98 /Win-7/ Peppermint 9
Re: stuttering video
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 02:28:50 pm »
I've seen this problem a few times you may want to do a search of this forum and dive into the issue, or you can wait for someone to answer your question I am sure they will be along shortly...  This is what i found in a search it had to do with audio and it was causing videos to play too fast on youtube, check it out it may be the same issue with your machine...  good luck....
http://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,722.msg6308.html#msg6308
Robert
Peppermint 9 User

Gateway Solo 9300 Pro
IBM T40

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 10:47:05 pm »
Hi lobsters15

Welcome to the forum

I had the same issue with stuttering video and the solution was to use Firefox, in fact I use Firefox exclusively now for that very reason, as far as Firefox not responding when you type a search in the search box this is also an issue other people have experienced including myself and the solution for me was to either type my search into the address bar at the top or set your home page to Google Search or Duck Duck Go or any other engine of your choice

Good luck

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline josephd

• Administrator
  • Peppermint OS Website Admin
    • View Profile
    • LinuxBookPro
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »
Do you have this issue when playing video in a dedicated player such as VLC? I've had tearing in Flash and just avoid using it as much as possible.
Joseph Dickson | www.linuxbookpro.com | www.joseph-dickson.com | https://twitter.com/joe4ska - "I also enjoy Debian Stable, Pop!_OS, and Trisquel."