Choose style:

Author Topic: New SpiderOak prices for 2015  (Read 1029 times)

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
New SpiderOak prices for 2015
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:10:23 pm »
Hi all, most of you have probably already heard about SpiderOak cloud backup service.  For those of you who haven't, SpiderOak offer super secure cloud backup for even your most sensitive data.  Unlike other cloud backup storage services, they are able to do this with their, "zero knowledge" policy.   Only you have the encryption key to your data.  Not even the SpiderOak staff have access to your unencrypted data.  Even government agencies like the NSA and GCHQ cannot access your data.  They would have to physically ask you for your encryption key to decrypt it.  This is great news.  The bad news is if you lose or, forget your encryption password - tough luck.  SpiderOak can't give it to you because they don't have it. 

Early in 2015, SpiderOak are adjusting their prices from $10 per month for 100GB of storage to, $12 per month for 1TB of storage.  $7 per month will get you 30GB and $25 per month will get you a colossal 5TB of storage space.  I received an early heads up from them because I have already been using their service for a year.  I have jumped on the $12 per month plan.  Apparently, they are going to offer further discounts for yearly payments.  For further details about SpiderOak and their current tariffs, please visit, spideroak.com.  From personal experience, I can honestly say SpiderOak offer an exceptional service and now it has just got better.  It is well worth checking out - have fun  ;)!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:41:55 pm by AndyInMokum »
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline 10i

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My Peppermint Blog
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64 bit
Re: New SpiderOak prices for 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:40:42 pm »
Great stuff.

Cloud computing is the future, it is just going to take a while to make it everywhere. As soon as my country can catch up with the rest of the world, I will be able to rely more on the cloud myself.
Running Peppermint 8- 64 bit on my Lenovo i3 laptop.

View my Linux blog:  http://myiceadventure.blogspot.com