Author Topic: I seen this in an email special  (Read 2112 times)

rjm65

I seen this in an email special
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:13:53 am »
I found this in an email special thought it was interesting...
http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech4less/NX.M89AA.003?id=Quj6FjRN
Link won't be good for long only 3 left in stock...
here are the specs...
Acer NX.M89AA.003
Acer Aspire NX.M89AA.003 V5-131-2887 Notebook PC - Intel Celeron 847 1.1 GHz Dual-Core Processor - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB Hard Drive - 11.6-inch Widescreen Display - Command Linux - Black
The Acer Aspire NX.M89AA.003 V5-131-2887 Notebook PC puts inspiring performance in a thin and light form. A choice of elegant colors adds to the charm. Breathe life into your entertainment and enjoy hands-on control with Command Linux. The 11.6-oinch Display and size of this Notebook PC makes this system easy to travel and store without taking up too much room.

***This system is loaded with Command Linux. This item does not run like a regular Operating System and requires knowledge of commands to run this system***

Spoiler (click here to view / hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:54:51 am by rjm65 »

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: I seen this in an email special
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:10:13 pm »
Hello rjm65,

That looks almost exactly like my Chromebook, but with a lot more hard drive space.

I bet Peppermint could easily replace Command Linux as the OS.

That looks like a very good deal, and it would make one very nice Christmas present.  ;)

perknh
[T]here are a lot of people happily running Peppermint ICE which hasn't been receiving ANY updates for a while now .. and I personally would STILL consider that MUCH more secure than any version of Windows with up-to-date AV/Anti-malware ;)

--  PCNetSpec, Cornwall, Eng.  Dec 03, 2013 5:18 pm

rjm65

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 02:29:34 pm »
i posted it because i was shocked they couldn't pick and install a real distro and put on command linux...  By the way i searched for command linux and it don't exist... 
so apparently they installed a command line only of some distro...  imagine booting your new laptop to a command prompt and having to type commands for everything you wanted to do, kinda brings back fond memories of DOS....   LOL    :P

By the way if you sign up for their email list, you get discounts in email specials...
that computer which is priced at $246 was in my email special fo $210 which makes it an even better deal...   ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:32:10 pm by rjm65 »

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:47:35 pm »
Hello rjm65

I looked for their email list.  Is it the "Fire Sale" email list, or is that another company?

Thank you,

perknh
[T]here are a lot of people happily running Peppermint ICE which hasn't been receiving ANY updates for a while now .. and I personally would STILL consider that MUCH more secure than any version of Windows with up-to-date AV/Anti-malware ;)

rjm65

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »
I think you just sign up for the website and choose to be on the list, let me check for you... I been on the list for 4 years now i get a lot of great deals off them...  Yes you just sign up for the site and you will get a weekly email special from them you can also sign up in your account for the fire sale also...  the fire sales run daily and you can choose how often they email you about them...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:54:22 pm by rjm65 »

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:49 pm »
That's easy, rjm65.

I have an email account for commercial offers.  Looks like a good site.  I'm happy to sign up!

Thank you.  ;)

perknh

rjm65

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:32:13 am »
i bought most of my stuff from them, what i do though is compare when a special comes to me via email, i take the model number and go to amazon and ebay with the model number and see who really has the best deal....   ;)

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 10:44:49 am »
Hello rjm65,

I do the same thing with Amazon, eBay, Best Buy and Walmart.  But this Tech for Less is completely new to me.  I can see it's a terrific resource. 

This find is a real score for me!  ;)

Thank you,

perknh

rjm65

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 11:20:26 am »
you are welcome, they have open box, refurbs, and new ...  so choose what think will make ya happy I bout a few tablets that were refurbs and they came in original boxes with all the wires and paperwork and looked new too me...  so keep in mind alot of times the refurbs are good enough....   :)