Choose style:

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Empty replies unde rmy posts?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline nomko

• Linux User
    • View Profile
    • Easy tips for Linux
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 5
[SOLVED] Empty replies unde rmy posts?
« on: November 19, 2014, 06:23:46 am »
Hi,

I've noticed that there are empty replies under my questions. Why is that?
The sender seems to be Peppermint OS Community Forum.

Can someone explain this reason?
Thanks!

Ps.:it also seems that i can't attach any files??
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:40:32 pm by nomko »
ASUS P5KPL-AM*Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200*4 GiB ram*nVidia GeForce 9500GT*Realtek RTL8101/8102E*Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7200A*HDD:Samsung HD501LJ/HD103SI*Sitecom X5-N600 Router

My Linux website

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
Re: Empty replies unde rmy posts?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:04:56 am »
Hi nomko

I've noticed that there are empty replies under my questions. Why is that?

These are not empty posts it's just how the forum works, if you look you'll find everyones posts are the same, I can't explain the reason it's just how it is

Ps.:it also seems that i can't attach any files??

Can you explain a little more like what's happening when you attempt to attach a file and what type of files you're trying to attach, generally if want to show a screenshot it's preferred if you use an image hosting site such as imgur https://imgur.com/

Graeme

If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:54:10 am »
I can explain it....

If you notice they're under just the first and last postings on a page (and possibly one other)

Now turn off adblocker .. no longer empty right.

These ads are a necessary way for the Peppermint devs to pull in a tiny proportion of the money it costs to keep the project alive .. we'd appreciate it if you whitelist this site, I know adverts are a pain, but keeping Peppermint going (and free) is not without its costs, so this is a small way in which you can contribute :)

I could disable the "Ads within posts look like actual posts" option and the ads would be interspersed without looking ike an actual posting, but then we'd never get asked this question by people using adblocker would we ;)

Unlike some other sites/forums we do not deny content, or throw up annoying popups for people using adblockers .. we just ask nicely that if you use Peppermint you whitelist our site(s) .. then leave it to your conscience :D

Sorry, but server constraints dictate only admin and moderators can "attach" files (and even they are asked not to, unless it's to support a tutorial where it makes sense to have the content stored locally)

You'll have to host them elsewhere and link to them ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:42:52 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline nomko

• Linux User
    • View Profile
    • Easy tips for Linux
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 5
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:40:18 pm »
Thanks for your replies! That cleared a lot for me!
ASUS P5KPL-AM*Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200*4 GiB ram*nVidia GeForce 9500GT*Realtek RTL8101/8102E*Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7200A*HDD:Samsung HD501LJ/HD103SI*Sitecom X5-N600 Router

My Linux website