Choose style:

Author Topic: Add full touchscreen support to Peppermint 6 & 7  (Read 4751 times)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Add full touchscreen support to Peppermint 6 & 7
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 02:42:52 pm »
Just sent my wife a text telling her that I need to look into getting a touchscreen monitor...........

Her reply: "You've been reading that linux forum again, eh?"

WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Razznak

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 03:34:19 pm »
Thanks Timo!

As for the "everybody uses windows" argument, I converted my mothers laptop some time ago to Peppermint 6 after the win10 update rendered it useless.
She's 80 and her comments were to the effect that it was easier to use than windows. She even understands the update manager and checks for the ! in the icon.
Keep in mind, the bulk of her usage is cruising the web, paying bills and checking her bank accounts. Oh, And she prefers Firefox to IE any day (her words)

And I'll be updating my wifes machine from Ubuntu Mate to Peppermint 7 this weekend.
Excellent tutorial. Can't wait to give it a try.

My grandparents asked about Linux. This gives me some courage that they might actually do okay if they transition. They're still figuring out Windows, but it might be worth it.

Offline zebedeeboss

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Life first... Peppermint a close 2nd :)
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P10 / P9 Respin
Re: Add full touchscreen-support to Peppermint 6
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 03:36:42 pm »
P7 has touchscreen support, but no multitouch. If you want multitouch (like 2 fingers for right click) this tutorial will still work.
:D :D :D  :D  :D  :D
Just STOP IT ZEB...
Be Kind Whenever Possible...   It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
P10 x64 Desktop - AMD Threadripper 2950X - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
P9/10 @ P9 x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10, Nine Respin 2
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 01:41:49 am »
Just used this on Peppermint 10 on my Lenovo Yoga 500, which I have upgraded it's memory to 8GB and put in a SSD. Had been having problems with the touch pad mouse, when writing in forums, the vibration would send the cursor to the beginning of the document, making already written words unreadable, so pushing Fn and F6 switches off the touch pad altogether and now after using this tutorial, am able to use the touch screen without any jumbled words. Thank you so much for this fix, it's working perfectly in Pep 10. I know this post dates way back, but it is still applicable today, for touch screen laptops and tablets. I'm like that cow over the moooon!   :D
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 08:43:49 am »
Good to know this still works :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec