Choose style:

Author Topic: Screenshot Gallery -- Show Us Your Screen  (Read 38765 times)

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Re: Screenshot Gallery -- Show Us Your Screen
« Reply #315 on: April 02, 2019, 06:24:23 am »
Got me, Chief. Sounds redditculous...

Sent from my Android One Moto X4 using Tapatalk

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
« Reply #316 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:39 am »
Hi guys been indulging in my other passion recently photography, I been busy trying to build a collection of photos for desktop wallpapers, this is an image I took this weekend I think kinda makes a decent desktop wallpaper although maybe not everyones taste but I like it :)

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2019, 06:59:30 am »
That's pretty cool .. did you get wet taking  that, or is there a bend right there ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2019, 07:50:58 am »

That's pretty cool .. did you get wet taking  that, or is there a bend right there ?

It's actually a ravine with a 150 foot drop in parts it's almost impossible to get in the water unless you get too close to the edge and slip (not recommended) ,  That was the closest I could get without abseiling equipment :) the flow of the river leads to a waterfall which was just behind where I was standing

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2019, 01:45:35 pm »
Probably best you stayed dry then :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Fritz74

• m, 45, Austria
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9, 10
« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2019, 09:19:34 am »
@emegra: This looks great! Which dock are you using?

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2019, 10:26:14 am »
I'm fairly confident that's cairo-dock .. A.k.a Glx Dock:
http://glx-dock.org/
but listed in the repositories as cairo-dock, so to install it:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
there are also quite a few plugins for cairo-dock available in the repos, best to search Synaptic Package Manager for those.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline clatterfordslim

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10, Nine Respin 2
« Reply #322 on: August 01, 2019, 12:13:30 pm »
Here is my screen normal apart from transparent panels, with my regular apps I use, plus have the amazing Carl Schnieder's wallpaper with very, very old Peppermint logo icon, which I think you can find on this forum somewhere? Don't quote me on that, but I do have a blue logo too. I have four panels in total all transparent and three of them except the one with clock on, are set to hide intelligently, when a window is opened fully maxed. The icon theme is a mix of Numix Circle and Peppermix. Desktop theme is Peppermint Grey Darker, as I made the selection colour darker of Peppermint Grey Dark theme. I love a nice dark theme, saves my eyes being blinded.

The fonts I use in the Terminal are Monaco set at 12. A good tip if you're adding fonts to use is to open your home folder push Ctrl and H on your keyboard and open up .local followed by share and put your fonts folder in there. One they are hidden, Two they are out of your way, three saves on cluttering up your home folder. You can do the same with themes and icons, though here in Peppermint you don't have to, as the theming is just perfect.  ;D

Here is my gaming Peppermint 10 aptly named Pepten. I have icydock 4 drive bay, so loads of SSD drives to plug in and out of my Ryzen build. So I multi boot with Peppermint 10 gaming build. It's not as cluttered as my main Peppermint 10 daily drive, as I use the daily drive for rendering video, emails, searching the web, YouTube. I have my old DDR3 FM2 Asus running as media PC under my TV with Peppermint 10 on also, on the other side of the room, or in the lounge. Can't call it the front room as it ain't it's the same room, but with a different perspective to the rest. Oh I know what I mean I think?  :-\ I'm over the moon with this Ryzen build, as building computers can get rather addictive and am in the process of building another, for doing Linux installs live without having to close everything down, so the viewers will see how Linux performs on real hardware, use it as a streaming machine, with Peppermint 10 on. Problem is, is finding the time to do all these things, as soon it will be time to go back to work again.  :(

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:10:30 am by clatterfordslim »
Not only is Peppermint an addictive OS to use.
But so is this Forum :)

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #323 on: August 01, 2019, 07:37:55 pm »
Nice and fluffy  :)