Author Topic: Screenshot Gallery -- Show Us Your Screen  (Read 66292 times)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Screenshot Gallery -- Show Us Your Screen
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2018, 10:48:55 am »
That's pretty cool :)

Dunno about the global menu, I've never really taken to those .. they require too much mouse movement for my liking.

But each to their own, that's the point of Linux :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline kuppuswamy

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): peppermint 9 x64
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2018, 06:03:37 pm »
Screenshot images of my Desktop on Peppermint 9, simply gives elegant and awesome look.

I used official wallpaper and customized with Greybird widget and elementary Xfce icon theme customize look and feel tool.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:35:43 pm by kuppuswamy »
Ulluvathu Ellam Uairvullal

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2018, 06:27:00 pm »
Hi kuppuswamy, and welcome to the forum :)

This might help you post images on this forum
https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,4284.msg42728.html#msg42728
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 10 (64-bit)
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2018, 06:41:37 pm »
Screenshot images of my Desktop on Peppermint 9, simply gives elegant and awesome look.

I used official wallpaper and customized with Greybird widget and elementary Xfce icon theme customize look and feel tool.

Hi kuppuswamy, how's it going?  Welcome to the Peppermint Forum and Happy New Year.  Unfortunately as you can see. your image isn't being shown.  Please read the content provided in this link in regard to showing desktop images and themes: Board Rules Concerning Screenshot Posting.  We'd love to see what you've created  ;)  This is one of the great things about PeppermintOS - making it your own  ;)

To post images to this site, you need to use an image hosting site, such as Imgur: imgur.com or Postimage.org: postimage.org.  Upload your image(s) to these sites.  These are good sites to make SSBs with the Ice tool for future use  ;).  You will find links to your images already formatted for different uses.  From Imgur, choose the one for BBCode (message boards & forums).  From Postimage.org, choose the one named  Link and click on the icon to the far right to copy the link.  Paste them into the forum editor.  You do not need to encapsulate the link from imgur.  The link from Postimage.org, needs to be encapsulated with the forum’s image function.  This is found under the B bold function at the left end of the formatting tools icons.   I suggest you have a play around to familiarise yourself with the site’s functions and the image hosting sites’ links.  These sites frequently change the formats.  Use the Preview button in the forum editor to check how they look.  I hope this helps  ;).
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline kuppuswamy

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2018, 07:13:45 pm »
Hi kuppuswamy, and welcome to the forum :)

This might help you post images on this forum
https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,4284.msg42728.html#msg42728

Thank you PCNetSpec you ]for your suggestion to upload images in this forum. 
I followed the link attached and uploaded my Desktop Screenshots.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:17:51 pm by kuppuswamy »

Offline kuppuswamy

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2018, 07:28:39 pm »

Hi kuppuswamy, how's it going?  Welcome to the Peppermint Forum and Happy New Year.  Unfortunately as you can see. your image isn't being shown.  Please read the content provided in this link in regard to showing desktop images and themes: Board Rules Concerning Screenshot Posting.  We'd love to see what you've created  ;)  This is one of the great things about PeppermintOS - making it your own  ;)

To post images to this site, you need to use an image hosting site, such as Imgur: imgur.com or Postimage.org: postimage.org.  Upload your image(s) to these sites.  These are good sites to make SSBs with the Ice tool for future use  ;).  You will find links to your images already formatted for different uses.  From Imgur, choose the one for BBCode (message boards & forums).  From Postimage.org, choose the one named  Link and click on the icon to the far right to copy the link.  Paste them into the forum editor.  You do not need to encapsulate the link from imgur.  The link from Postimage.org, needs to be encapsulated with the forum’s image function.  This is found under the B bold function at the left end of the formatting tools icons.   I suggest you have a play around to familiarise yourself with the site’s functions and the image hosting sites’ links.  These sites frequently change the formats.  Use the Preview button in the forum editor to check how they look.  I hope this helps  ;).

Thank you, AndyInMokum.   
              I uploaded my Desktop Screenshots, I like the simple and elegant look.  I wish all the team members and users of Peppermint Linux Happy New Year.

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 10 (64-bit)
« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2019, 01:36:33 am »
Looking good kuppuswamy.  Simple and elegant is a nice way to go  ;).
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline aky-simo

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • cyberoom
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 on Asus x205ta
« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2019, 06:37:08 am »
Sorry I do not know if it's the right place to ask for this, since we are talking about graphic changes and additional themes. Can anyone tell me where I can find this theme, Numix dark-red? I thought about going back with the original theme of Peppermint but I like this more because it's really darker. Thanks!

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #263 on: January 09, 2019, 07:37:25 am »
I can tell you where to get Numix-Dark-Red .. BUT .. I can also tell you it won't work properly in the version of Gtk used in Ubuntu 18.04 and hence Peppermint 9

Anyway her's where you can get it
https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/uploads/themes/054P-KVVX-JJN7.zip
but expect window toolbars and the like to look very odd.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline aky-simo

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • cyberoom
« Reply #264 on: January 09, 2019, 07:46:49 am »
I can tell you where to get Numix-Dark-Red .. BUT .. I can also tell you it won't work properly in the version of Gtk used in Ubuntu 18.04 and hence Peppermint 9

Anyway her's where you can get it
https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/uploads/themes/054P-KVVX-JJN7.zip
but expect window toolbars and the like to look very odd.

Thanks Pcnet always kind, I do not know if I can in the enterprise, I read around how to insert first the Gnome themi to get numix red but I'm not sure of the result, bad that should put the theme of Peppermint red ..  :)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #265 on: January 09, 2019, 07:56:30 am »
If you're asking how to install this gtk theme, open a terminal and run:
Code: [Select]
mkdir ~/.themesthen
cd ~/.themesthen
wget https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/uploads/themes/054P-KVVX-JJN7.zipthen
unzip 054P-KVVX-JJN7.zipnow if you go to:-

Menu > Settings > Customise Look & Feel

you should (on the "Widget' tab) have the option of selecting "Numix Dark Red"

But as I said, it won't work properly in the Gtk version used in Peppermint 9 (it would work in Peppermint 8, but not 9).

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline aky-simo

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • cyberoom
« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2019, 11:12:03 am »
Here I am again! sorry if it took me too long but I had to install Peppermint again on my netbook, here if you did not know anyone who combined a similar mess to add new graphic themes, now you can say to know him. To make it simple after several unsuccessful attempts I uninstalled the various packages, to try to use the famous theme Numix dark-theme, but I also deleted something that I did not have ... patience. Not all the ills come to harm because while I was fixing the installation process of Peppermint, for the umpteenth time (yes it's not the first one)  :D I thought but why not use the adwaita-dark theme with nice numix icons and take advantage of program for customizing the Numix folders? Tatan !!! Every now and then to me the hamster in my head runs, and here is the result .. I do not know satisfies you, then the circular icons I like very much, I remember those that I keep in my smartphone Nokia 2.1. The only "problem" is when I highlight the folders because the blue of the adwaita-dark theme comes back, it's not bad for me so good, what do you think?  ;)  8)

p.s. thanks again for your availability PCNet!!!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:16:18 am by aky-simo »

Online VinDSL

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Team Peppermint
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #267 on: January 09, 2019, 11:31:40 am »
I can appreciate what you did there, because I dug my EeePC out of the closet, a few weeks ago, to test Peppermint Respin-2.

Now that the testing is done, I've been scaling everything back, to make the fonts, icons, et cetera the proper size on its rather small-ish display.

Nice job, aky-simo.  :)

Offline aky-simo

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • cyberoom
« Reply #268 on: January 09, 2019, 11:42:25 am »
I can appreciate what you did there, because I dug my EeePC out of the closet, a few weeks ago, to test Peppermint Respin-2.

Now that the testing is done, I've been scaling everything back, to make the fonts, icons, et cetera the proper size on its rather small-ish display.

Nice job, aky-simo.  :)

These little laptops love them or hate them, thanks to them I never felt the need to be stuck on a tablet, spending time creating websites comfortably on the bed with a netbook is the best! :D

Online VinDSL

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Team Peppermint
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2019, 12:11:05 pm »
These little laptops love them or hate them, thanks to them I never felt the need to be stuck on a tablet, spending time creating websites comfortably on the bed with a netbook is the best! :D

Agreed! I'll love my EeePC, until death do us part - whichever one of us goes first. LoL  :D

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:05:41 pm by VinDSL »