Author Topic: Asus EE PC 900 - How to get 1024 x 600 resolution?  (Read 157 times)

Offline fmiller01

• Newly Subscribed
  • New To PeppermintOS
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10
Asus EE PC 900 - How to get 1024 x 600 resolution?
« on: November 03, 2020, 11:41:47 am »
I just recently discovered Peppermint 10.  After many repeated crqshes during installation, I finally got it installed, up and running, but the screen is only displaying 800 X 600, not the screen's native 1024 X 600.  I tried going into Settings, and clicking on the Display icon. Another window opens very briefly, then goes away.  I found a site that shows how to change the resolution with xrandr, but it is not permanent.  There has to be a file to edit in here somewhere. Any help is appreciated!

Online VinDSL

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Team Peppermint
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Re: Asus EE PC 900 - How to get 1024 x 600 resolution?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 12:43:21 pm »
I found a site that shows how to change the resolution with xrandr, but it is not permanent.  There has to be a file to edit in here somewhere. Any help is appreciated!

Are you saving the layout using the 'ARandR' app?

Once you get your layout config'ed in its 'Screen Layout Editor', name it and save it using 'Save As'.

That will place a '.sh' (shell script) file in your '~/.screenlayout' folder, and make it permanent.

As an example, I've got three (3) displays on this box. Here's how the shell script looks:

'~/.screenlayout/whatevs.sh
[close]